Thursday, May 16, 2013

Anything Like Me

                                             


 
 
There is so much happening with the Waughs these days that I haven't had time to update this blog very much over the last few weeks.  But here is the news we've all been wondering about since we found out we were expecting.  Will it be a HE? or a SHE?

From the get-go, all but 2 people have guessed that we would be having a baby girl.  The wives tales and even the Chinese calendar (that I'm embarrassed to admit to trying) suggested that we would be seeing pink.  Pink was on the horizon and we even had a named picked out for our girl.   




SURPRISE!!  Baby Waugh is NOT going to be a daddy's girl, but instead will be our handsome little MAN! 






Steven and I were in absolute shock when this picture popped up on the screen.  I just laid there and said, "how sure are you? ... percentage wise... like 75% sure, or is this just an early guess?"  The technician just replied with a simple "yeah, I'm 100%" and a smile.  It took the entire day to sink in that we would be raising a little man.  Okay, it was more than just a day.  We had been so girl focused that I could hardly wrap my head around this ..... A little mini-Steven!?!?  This just got even more real. :)  We watched as our little man turned over and over on the screen, trying to find a comfortable position while we pushed on him.  He waved to us and showed us how incredibly long his legs had already gotten.  Tall is just in his genes.  He has already stolen my heart with his sweet little pouty lips and tiny fingers and while I'm enjoying this part of pregnancy, I cannot wait to meet our SON!

If you've listened to country music in the last couple years, you may have heard this song by Brad Paisley.  It has been on repeat playing over and over in my head since we found out about our little boy!  He lets his little boy sing the end of the song... it melts your heart!



There is a TON we have to learn for this little boy, but if I know anything, it's that he would do well to turn out just like his Dad.




1 comment:

Sarah O said...

Yay for a little boy! How funny that everyone thought you would have a girl.